Who can donate to the ASF?
The ASF can offer tax deductibility for donations of $2 or over with donations being able to be made by:
- money order
- credit card (there is a 2% administrative fee for all credit card donations which is charged to the project)
The following considerations apply to ASF to enable a tax deduction to be claimed:
- donations must be made unconditionally to the ASF
- donations must be voluntary
- donations must be accompanied by a completed, approved donation form
Donations are not subject to GST.
Donors contribute to the ASF for a variety of reasons which may include:
- a desire to assist Australian sport generally
- a desire to assist a particular organisation, sport or project
- a desire to contribute to a sport played by themselves or by a friend or relative
- a desire to ‘put back something into’ their own childhood sport
- the attraction of the tax deductibility
- a desire for a company or business to demonstrate good community citizenship