NSO Forum Announced
24 October 2016
2016 marked another successful year of sports fundraising, with a record $32m donated to sports via tax-deductible donations in partnership with us. Donations to sport have almost doubled in the last two years – growing from $17m to $32m since 2014. The number of registered fundraising projects has also grown from 600 to nearly 1500 in the same period.
However, the majority of NSOs did not actively fundraise in 2016, with over 80% of NSOs raising little or no funds during the year.
The Foundation would like to work with NSOs to identify ways that we can better support you in your future fundraising efforts. For those sports involved in the 2018 Commonwealth Games, now is also the time to start planning to leverage the fundraising opportunities that will arise.
The Foundation will be hosting two half-day Fundraising Forums, exclusively for NSOs, in November:
Sydney – 23 November 2016
9.30am – 12.30pm (tea + coffee break)
Bradman Media Centre,
Sydney Cricket Ground
Moore Park Road, Moore Park
Melbourne – 24 November 2016
1.30pm – 4.30pm (tea + coffee break)
Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre
Aughtie Drive, Albert Park
The Forum will be aimed at CEOs and Senior commercial staff at NSOs. Its purpose will be to help NSOs develop the right approach to fundraising. For example: does your NSO wish to raise money for its own purposes? Or is your priority to help your members grow their revenues by facilitating access to fundraising guidance and advice, in partnership with us? Where do SSOs fit into the fundraising mix?
In addition to these questions, we will:
- Present a high-level summary of trends in fundraising across sport
- Identify learnings and best practice from NSOs and elite/professional sports
- Showcase new or developing offerings and opportunities that we believe are of interest to NSOs and member organisations
- Gain input from you on areas that we could explore to further improve our offering for NSOs
Please note: the forums are for National Sporting Organisations only.
Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 November 2016 confirming:
- Name, position and contact details of all those from your NSO who will be attending
- Whether you wish to attend the Sydney or Melbourne event