About the project
The COVID-19 pandemic impacts all segments of the community equally - community sport in Western Victoria is no exception. AFL Western District has approximately 10,000 registered members across Western Victoria participating in Australian Rules Football and Netball. The number of volunteers, family and supporters associated with clubs is significant in the district. AFL Western District is committed to ensuring the survival of all clubs through this challenging period, and through our fundraising partnership with the Australian Sports Foundation, donations to this Fund are tax-deductible.
Clubs from the following leagues will be supported via your donation:
- Greater South West Junior Football League
- Hampden Football Netball League
- Mininera & District Football League
- South West District Football Netball League
- Warrnambool & District Football Netball League
- Western Victoria Female Football League
Sponsorship, gate takings and functions are key revenue channels for clubs. All of these revenue streams are expected to be severely hampered by the emerging crisis. Clubs have fixed costs to maintain operations - examples being utility bills, ground rental, liability insurance, ground maintenance and others.
AFL Western District will coordinate the application process from clubs from monies raised, this will include:
- Club producing an invoice of an essential cost necessary to operation of the club
- Evidence of financial stress through copies of financial statements, bank balances and sponsorship summaries
- Assurance that club has proper policies and procedures in place
- Club must be affiliated with a league that is affiliated with AFL Western District
Funds raised via this campaign will not be used for any payment of personnel - this includes payments to players and coaching staff, honorariums of officials and payments to contractors closely associated to key decision makers of the club (unless evidence produced of maintenance schedule provided by that vendor).
Our clubs provide an essential social hub to rurally isolated communities and are a key support for the vulnerable, so please show your support by making a tax-deductible donation today!