About the project
The Alexandra Park Committee, supported by Mornington Football Netball Club, Mornington Cricket Club, Wallara Australia and Key Community and Sport Stakeholders proposes a major redevelopment at Alexandra Park to better cater for sport, recreation and community needs in Mornington.
The Alexandra Park Redevelopment Project provides the opportunity to redevelop and fully integrate football, netball, cricket and community facility needs to cater for all levels of sport, from introductory programs to senior competitions, whilst providing amenities that will support continued participation growth and diversity of users.
It will bring together some of the Mornington community’s strongest partnerships to create a unique facility where football, netball, cricket and community users can consolidate their programs and resources and align objectives with a facility that reflects each stakeholders commitment to growth and community program delivery and access.
Features will include:-
- Multi-purpose pavilion and amenities that focus on both sport and community use.
- Quality unisex football, netball and umpire change rooms that cater for diversity in participation.
- Construction of six new cricket training nets with removable netting to support a multi-use netball court and enable hosting of regional netball tournaments.
- Demolition of existing public amenities and consolidation within new redeveloped pavilion to ensure accessibility and address public safety concerns.
- Lighting upgrades to AFL night competition standard to support participation growth and provide opportunity for competition expansion and development for both football and cricket.
When constructed, the redevelopment will provide a facility that encourages the continued development of club and community programs based at Alexandra Park. It will also support increased opportunity for the Mornington area to attract regional sporting events and offer a purpose built base for essential training and support programs offered by Wallara Australia.
Please show your support for this vital community project by making a tax deductible donation today!