About the project
BSHS Rugby has a proud history of competition as part of the GPS Association. As the only public school in the nine-school SEQ competition, State High relies on the generosity of families, former students and the wider community to compete at an elite level.
The P&C Rugby Subcommittee provides financial assistance to the Rugby Program through fundraising and sponsorships to purchase items that are more expensive than day-to-day operational expenses covered under student levies. This includes purchasing new equipment and supporting extra development opportunities for the student rugby players.
Despite its modest funding compared to other schools in the Brisbane GPS competition, the State High rugby program has a proud tradition of turning out future Wallabies. You can show your support for public education by donating to our program and do your bit to create a level playing field for Australia's rugby heroes of tomorrow.
A donation to the Brisbane State High School rugby program in 2022 will go towards:
- provision of specialist coaching to all year levels
- an all-year, all-level Rugby Camp
- purchasing hit shields and strapping tape
- provision of a qualified physiotherapist for senior grades
- subsidising bus travel to and from Fursden Road for training and to Away games
- breakfasts at early morning training sessions
- a uniform subsidisation program for State High families experiencing financial strain.