The Elanora Country Club was formed on 19th October 1928 when the first meeting of the Committee took place. The first nine holes were opened on 29th May 1929 and the second nine in 1930. Elanora was developed as a Country Club with social and recreational facilities but golf was to provide the main sporting interest. As part of a real estate development it was anticipated that many members would choose to live nearby so as to enjoy the facilities of the Club especially in their retirement.
This fund has been set up to support the development of the club's facilities and the member initiatives.