About the project
Equestrian Australia Emerging Talent and Development Fund
The aim of the Equestrian Australia Emerging Talent and Development Fund is to provide support for emerging talented riders and advance their development towards competing on the world’s toughest sporting stages - World Championships, Olympics and Paralympic Games.
The fund will assist riders in the Olympic and Paralympic disciplines who have been identified as tracking towards the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games with access to world class coaching and performance planning to better enable them to maximise their potential.
"It takes many years for riders to develop their skills to be the world’s best, and the aim of the Emerging Talent and Development Fund is to provide a leg-up for riders who may be 4-8 years from the podium but are unable to access the training and support services they need now, or are unable to attend key competitions or training camps, due to financial constraints,’’
"We’ve created this new fund to remove some of those development barriers and to help riders tracking towards Tokyo in 2020, or pinnacle events after that, so they can access the coaching and competition opportunities needed to help their progression towards the podium.’’
EA and the state branches are working together to close gaps in talent development so the next generation of high performance riders are supported to reach their full potential.
Under the guidance of the Equestrian High Performance team the monies will be directed to the following for immediate impact;
- Implementation of a development program for identified future cycle athletes
- Implementation of a development program for identified future cycle coaches
- Integrate the program with the EA State Branches and the National Institute Network
Initiatives may include;
- On and of horse training and development camps
- Travel subsidies for identified riders and coaches to gain invaluable international experience
- Scholarship opportunities for identified riders and coaches