Fremantle Hockey Club (FHC) has a long association with Fremantle and its surrounding districts. Established in 1933 the family orientated club has twice moved location since inception to meet the changing requirements of its members, the sport and the community. Across the world, hockey at all levels is now played on artificial surfaces (turf). FHC has recognised that to continue delivering opportunities for both its elite and everyday players, it must have access to its own turf. Due to space restrictions, another move is needed. The club has identified an opportunity for hockey growth within the adjacent Cockburn community and has completed a successful feasibility study based upon relocation to Lakelands Reserve and the construction of a new artificial turf, grass fields and clubrooms.
The aim of the FHC Lakelands Turf Project is to build an artificial turf on land leased from Department of Education with adjoining clubroom facilities at Lakelands Reserve. The project will establish new shared community and sporting facilities on Lakelands Reserve and provide opportunity for a specialist hockey program at the adjacent secondary school and nearby primary schools. Growth in local community hockey participation is expected.
The project will provide FHC with first class hockey facilities. Elite and everyday players will train and play at the same ground. Achieving sporting success also requires access to the best facilities and strong organisational and community support.
A donation to the FHC Lakelands Turf Project will:
• Relocate FHC and unlock the potential growth in Cockburn without loss of its Fremantle player base
• Construct an artificial turf
• Access larger clubrooms for FHC and the wider community
• Increase opportunities for players’ skills development and ensure a pathway to international hockey representation.
• Enhance the FHC family, with all players training and playing at the same location
• Generate increased social opportunities that encourage interaction between members and the community at all age levels
• Increase the competitiveness of FHC at all levels
• Create a legacy for future generations
• Create hockey and other sporting opportunities in an area highlighted for recreational and population growth as Cockburn has no existing hockey clubs
• Encourage junior participation and increase FHC membership within a developing catchment
• Provide local schools with access to state-of-the-art sporting facilities
This is the future for our children and grand children. A chance to move the club into the future.
Looking forward to this project come to fruition in 2019.It would be wonderful to have the support of many donors to help the FHC reach its target.
Great to see the dream finally being realised! Go Freo!!!!
In appreciation of Martin Spencer and his family for their contributions to hockey - and a gift to celebrate Martin leaving the 50s club
Happy 60th Birthday Martin
Happy 60th, Martin!
Lakelands Project - great enthusiasm and support by all the FHC Juniors and their parents. Season 2017.
Donating the rest of our team kitty :)
I've been a part of this great family club for over 50 years and to finally get our own Turf is going to be brilliant, I'M EXCITED!!
This is so important. Congratulations on getting this far with the project.
A new home for the Magpies Gee won't it be great Go to freohockey dot com Forward slash donate