About the project
Facility improvement required for safer all weather access and enhanced resources to conduct our programs for larger groups across all ages. It will also assist a sustainable long term approach to looking after a small horse property and effects on the environment.
The funding would be used as a contribution towards the following needs:
- Sealed all weather access road to the stables and arena area
- More sand and better drainage of the arena to use straight away after heavy rain
- Fencing hand rails on all customer pathways
- Shade Sails to increase shading for all weather utilisation especially through summer
- More seating in shaded areas for breakout ground activity during day clinics
- More Games/Balance equipment for the horse intro classes and school holiday programs to handle larger groups and keep all students occupied at the same time
- Another pony for the smaller kids groups that are popular through the Giddy Up Kids horse intro classes and school holiday horse play days
- Fencing the property into smaller paddocks will also enable revegitation of the paddocks for rotational use and reduce the impacts of erosion and protection strategies around water run off areas
- To have a more all weather facility with the sealing of the road and shade it makes it more attractive to students to come to an environment that is comfortable on the hottest days and not so hard to walk around after wet weather. Including the drainage of the arena enables us to use the arena straight after bad weather where as now we sometimes need to cancel lessons on a perfectly fine day due to heavy storms the day or night prior.
- Additional games equipment and another pony will enable us to take on more kids that are our major target market and we are very often limited by the number of small horses that we have to progress the younger kids quicker. We would then be able to meet the needs of the community in the demand of the "pony experience" popularity
- Better utilisation of split paddocks with more fencing and revegitation strategies will provide a sustainable long term equestrian facility focused on looking after the environment which could also be used as real life projects for local schools, tafe & university to educate on environmental land care and small property sustainable agriculture.