The Gymnastics WA Trampoline High Performance Squad has been established to foster the development and success of West Australian trampoline athletes in international competition. Opportunities are given for Youth, Junior and Senior Trampoline athletes to be selected into a Gymnastics WA HP Training Squad where they can train together twice a year, sharing skills and expertise from appointed head coaches. Club coaches will be given the opportunity to attend these camps with their athletes in a squad coach or observer capacity.
- To establish a system of West Australian HP training squads for trampoline athletes
- To develop a larger and more competitive squad of TRP athletes and coaches within the HP pathway
- To provide opportunities to assist targeted athletes to ensure they progress and achieve outcomes along the HP pathway
- To develop West Australian athletes towards inclusion into Junior and Senior National Squads
- To increase the number of athletes being tracked in TRP, as per Gymnastics in Australia’s strategic objectives
- To provide educational opportunities to assist WA’s targeted and developing HP coaches
- To build coach capacity and capability through fostering a network of HP coach education and collaboration in WA
- To develop the capacity and capability of HP trampoline clubs in WA.
This squad is for WA's High Performance athletes in Trampoline to come together for training, in acknowledgement of their achievements and to work together towards national and international success. The squad will benefit the sport for years to come, assisting to develop a larger and more competitive trampoline community, aiming towards Olympic Game success.