Fundraising Goal: $250,000
Lane Cove Junior Rugby Club was founded in 1951 and became independent of the senior rugby club in the 1980’s. LCJRC is one of eight village clubs that comprise the Gordon District, and offers boys and girls the opportunity to play rugby from under 5's to under 17's. It currently has over 440 kids playing representing an extended rugby family of over 2,000 people in the Lane Cove community. LCJRC is one of the fasting growing rugby clubs in Sydney and the only club on the north shore that is growing. LCJRC is a club that is a village club focussed on participation of children within the Lane Cove catchment area. Financially LCJRC is very strong with a solid balance sheet and a proven track record for fund raising. We also have a positive track record of working well with Council and in providing financial assistance for community infrastructure projects, such as the lighting project at Tantallon oval. LCJRC has a committee of over 12 members all of whom live in the Lane Cove Council area. The committee has 3 main objectives 1. Increase participation of Rugby within the area; 2. Improve the quality of Rugby at LCJRC through investing in coaching, tours; and 3. Give back to the community.
LCJRC has proposed that the scope of the amenities improvement project be expanded to include a Club Hous/Community Facility. The proposed Facility would be built within the confines of the existing grandstand and provide a facility that has been in demand for decades.
LCJRC has drafted design plans and is in the process of working with Council to commence DA.
1. Upgrade the Amenities and create a new Club House at Tantallon Oval, including:
- Build a new Club House and viewing deck on the foundations of the existing change room and grandstand
- Upgrade toilets
- Repair change room floor
- New storage and BBQ facilities
2. Create a commercial structure relating to Tantallon Oval and Amenities that will ensure the long term future of LCJRC is secured to Tantallon.
3. Create a commercial structure that will ensure the proposed Club House can be used by those clubs who do not have the financial means to support its development.