Latrobe Golf Club is an inner suburban golf club of Melbourne. Established in 1948, we have been providing golfing facilities for many decades, and lifetime friendships.
The club's short term objectives are to promote:
- promote the game of golf, and
- promote and encourage membership of the club.
The Company's long term objectives are to:
- provide and maintain a suitable golf course, clubhouse and facilities for the members and their guests;
- encourage and support other individuals and organisations with compatible objectives; and
- encourage contributions from individuals and organisations with compatible objectives.
This fundraising program aims to support:
- Development of practice facilities: We have 2 practice areas that are basically open paddocks. One area will become a driving range with purpose built hitting areas and targets to facilitate a better environment for teaching and practicing. The other area will be developed as a 5 hole pitch and putt course to allow juniors and beginners to play a short format of the game in a fun and non threatening environment allowing them to build confidence before progressing to the full golf course.
- Maintenance and Storage facilities: we are outgrowing our existing facilities and they are getting older. We aim to extend the maintenance shed upward for staff facilities allowing for less congestion around the mowers and tractors on the ground level. This will provide a safer work place environment and better work flow areas. Also our cart storage facilities require expansion. Our aim is to build cart storage under the 1st tee which is in close proximity to the golf shop which is convenient for staff and golfer access.
- Development initiatives to the golf course: The purchase of additional land on our West boundary to improve the local environment and wetlands as well as the enhancement of the golf course. To improve the surface of cart paths around the property by using concrete rather than less permanent materials that wash away.
- Safety and Security upgrades: Full car park lighting and a security fence to prevent unauthorized vehicles driving onto the golf course from the general car park.
- Clubhouse redevelopments: to provide modern facilities for pre game warm ups and post game wash rooms. To provide an environment that promotes social interaction in a family friendly and safe facility.
Please support these vital club projects by making a tax deductible donation today!