Tennis has been a sport that has brought the Merriwa community together for over 100 years. The Merriwa Tennis Club was founded in 1910 and has been in existence ever since.
It has provided generations of families a place to meet, exercise, socialise and break away from the toils and troubles of the daily grind. A place where farmers can play with miners and and grandparents can play with grandchildren.
The tennis court surfaces were last upgraded in 1988 and after almost 30 years of wear and tear are in desperate need of replacement.
We want to give the people of Merriwa more opportunities to get healthy so as part of the resurfacing project we are going to modify the facilty to accomodate other sports such as volleyball and futsal.