Fundraising Goal: $100,000
Sport NSW is working to develop a Regional Sports Alliance Network across the state through the establishment of four Pilots with the first to be the Hunter Regional Sports Alliance.
A Regional Sports Alliance (RSA) is a not-for-profit organisation representing sport within a defined regional area of NSW. Governed by a voluntary Board of Directors, RSAs provide a forum for sport organisations, government, NGOs, educational institutions and other stakeholders to work together to deliver through sport, the regional priorities; such as community engagement, health, jobs, education and tourism. They will help to connect local priorities with regional planning for participation growth, sport and recreation infrastructure and provide a means of delivering sport and recreation projects across council boundaries.
The Hunter Sports Alliance will be a member-based organisation which is closely connected to grass roots sport and stakeholder organisations to ensure that the services address local community needs and issues.
The Hunter Sports Alliance will;
• Advocate on behalf of community sport, volunteers and for the region covered;
• Support the growth of volunteers in community sport;
• Facilitate the delivery of appropriate information exchange and best practice initiatives, training, support and advice to community sport volunteers, clubs and organisations;
• Facilitating in collaboration with local sporting organisations, education, local government and other community agencies the promotion of sport participation, specific sport and multi-sport events and fundraising for local sport;
• Assist increased participation opportunities for people of all ages and abilities; and
• Provide opportunities to network and recognize the achievements and dedication of people in community sport within the region.
All Sports Fellowship
Assisting in providing development opportunities for coaches at the Shore School, including courses, seminars, conferences, workshops and visits to el