To celebrate the Kings Cup Centenary in 2019 and the remarkable achievements of the original AIF No 1. crew, Rowing Australia is offering the opportunity to have your name placed on an oar currently in use at one of our National Training Centres. These oars will be used by our National teams as they train for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.
For a donation of $1,000, you will:
· have your name placed on an oar currently in use by our national teams at either Penrith or Canberra. You can choose either a single sweep oar or a pair of sculling oars.
· select a number from 1-100 for your oar. Please refer to the table below for available numbers.
· receive a mounted photo of your oar with your name on it, with one of our athletes. You can also nominate the athlete if you have a favourite.
· with the photo you will also get information on the relevance your chosen number to the history of rowing in Australia.
· A tax-deductible receipt (via the Australian Sport Foundation)
· you can chose to put your own name on the oar, someone else’s name or both. If you nominate two names you will have to choose a pair of sculling oars.
You will also get the opportunity to purchase your oar when they are cycled out of use. This will happen after the 2020 Olympic Games (August 2020) and you’ll be able to keep your oar/s as a permanent reminder of your contribution to Rowing Australia. This will be an additional purchase and not part of the $1,000 donation.
All donations to the 100 Oars campaign will go to our pathway program. Each year our pathway network including our Member Associations, Clubs and State Institutes supports over 100 pathway athletes to train and compete at an international level. Your donation will go directly to develop our next generation of athletes for Paris 2024.
Please be aware that your number may be popular and as a consequence, your first choice may not be available. Please check the table on the Rowing Australia website for allocated numbers to see if your choice is still available.
Please complete your donation. We will then contact you by email to confirm your choice of:
1. Name or names for the oar/s
2. Oar - single sweep or sculling pair
3. National Training Centre - Penrith (Women's ) or Canberra (Men's)
4. Athlete in your photo (if you have a preference)
If you have any questions, please contact our Fundraising Manager, Peter Bly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0415 102 993
Goal 2: Ensure a pipeline of talent for Paris 2024 and beyond: Talent pathways programs
Goal 3: Deliver training environment that support the whole athlete: Appoint Wellbeing and Engagement Managers to drive our wellbeing and mentoring framework
Goal 1: Mens and Womens Training Centres and International Competition: The Men's National Training Centre in Canberra needs refurbishment and upgrading. The Women's National Training Centre in Penrith needs a hydrotherapy area and recovery space.…