About the project
Superfish Swim Club (SSC) is an independent, registered swimming Club established and run by volunteers and parents of the children who participate. Our Club gives children a chance to compete in a low- pressure environment, learn how to race, and if they choose, compete in regional, state and national swimming meets, all while having fun.
We are committed to providing access to a low-cost grassroots all inclusive sport that accommodates diversity and inclusion, where everyone has the right to participate regardless of culture, sexuality, economic background or ability.
We have about 50 registered swimmers from age 5 who compete and race against their own times to achieve a personal best (PB). This number is growing as we host theme nights such as 'Halloween' and 'bring a friend '. We encourage participation, fun and healthy competition. Club nights are great practice for school swimming carnivals and provide an opportunity to develop their technique and improve their times.
Located on the Gold Coast in Queensland, our Club is reliant on volunteers, members and their parents to run a successful Club. We are currently working towards raising funds to purchase:
Short term/immediate $5,000
- Sports equipment for dry land training - skip ropes, medicine balls and resistance bands
- Provide new equipment - fins, goggles, finger and hand paddles particularly for squad swimmers
- Ribbons and trophies for annual Club Championships to encourage and reward all efforts and abilities
- Support an annual membership drive to encourage new members and boost participation in a grassroots community sport
- portable electronic timing equipment - will improve efficiency and time, and provide more accuracy
Long term $5,000
- workshop to support Beyond the Black Line and associated mental health issues
- coaching clinics to include nutrition and rest particularly for school age children dealing with issues around image, social media and peer pressure
- development clinics to include hire 50m pool lanes with a focus on all strokes, diving and turns
- ability to attract mentors such as Australian representative swimmers and local talent to inspire and encourage emerging athletes
Donations of $2 or more are 100% tax deductible.