Over recent years with funding received and fundraising undertaken, several major projects and upgrades have been actioned including, a new toilet block, replacing mowers, western bank redevelopment, installing rebound nets, installation of playground fencing, installation of spectator seating and concrete pathway.
Further upgrades to the facilities are now required and the Committee of Management is now raising funds for the following projects;
1. Bore Upgrade (without this we won't have water for the grass if the bore fails).
2. Replace boundary fencing on Football/Cricket oval due to safety concerns. The existing pipe fencing is rotting/rusting beneath the surface in many places due to age. New fencing will include a concrete drainage gutter running around the oval and netting to reduce pet damage and leavings on the playing surface.
3. Re-surface netball/tennis courts.
4. Re-surface car park and access road areas to prevent damage and bogging of vehicles during the winter period.
5. Renovate/upgrade club rooms building to allow for larger sports medicine areas and player warm up change room areas.
Donate today and help improve facilities at Thorpdale Recreation Reserve!