Who doesn’t love attending a great event – and sporting fans and enthusiasts are no exception! Hosting events is a great way to add value for your supporters, and attract further donations – you get a donation and they get to have a great time with their friends and other members and supporters. It’s a win- win situation.
• Invite special VIP guests to talk such as former players and ex-coaches. This will help put a face to your cause.
• Build relationships by personally inviting potential donors along to a game, dinner, afternoon tea, breakfast, training session with the team etc.
• Sell tickets in advance at a price that will cover your costs, then add an optional tax-deductible donation to the ticket price.
• When it comes to fundraising the key things to remember is ask, ask, ask! During the event, use an online donations form via a tablet or mobile phone so that you can collect donations instantly.
• Don’t forget to have your MC mention your fundraising cause or project during the event. Be sure to provide instructions on how donations can be made online or offline.
• Follow up attendees after the event to either thank them for their donation or remind them that donations can still be made.
• If you can’t use tablets or mobiles for online donations, have printed forms on hand for your guests to complete at the event. Just be mindful that if they take a form home there is a high chance they may forget about it or just throw it away.
Want some more info about your event or want to chat through your fundraising ideas? Get in touch with one of our fundraising experts