About the project
The North Sydney Bears are proud to establish the Red & Black Foundation, underpinning the Bears commitment to Rugby League in our wider community. The Foundation will not only provide ongoing opportunity and support to all our players, it will also allow for continued innovation and growth of the game in our district.
It is time for us to stand together and build a club for the future. A club that draws on 112 years of proud heritage, a club that champions the equality of women in rugby league and, finally, a club that thrives on the success of our very own talented junior league players.
The Red & Black Foundation aims to support junior rugby league in the North Sydney District. Donations made to this project will directly benefit the growth of our local junior league, allow more opportunities for local players to develop their skill base through high performance programs and develop a true pathway for local junior league players to the NRL, via the North Sydney Bears.
- Support operational resources of the North Sydney District
- Contribute to the operational costs of 6 development pathway teams:
- Plus two female representative teams that are listed on the Women’s Rugby League Project
- Development Program for players U12, U13, U14 & U15s
- Representative Program for U16 and U18s
- Donations will help provide:
- Coaching & training staff
- High performance equipment and facility access
- Game and training venue hire
- Uniforms, medical equipment and nutrition
- Education and wellbeing programs
- Sports conditioning management
- Ensure that the program of junior rugby league development is well funded to reduce the financial cost on players and their families, thus ensuring development squad selection is based on player ability and not ability to pay.
- Establish a Development Squad “Bears Tour” from 2022. This is something that junior league players can aspire to when they reach a certain age and create comradery within the North Sydney district.
- Work towards contributing to Junior League Players and Official Insurance which in turn will make junior league more affordable and more accessible to all in the North Sydney District.
- Contribute to and support the Junior League volunteer recognition program
- Provide support within the local junior league district via Foundation Ambassadors.
The Red and black Foundation is registered with and conducted under the charter of the Australian Sports Foundation Ltd. The Australian Sports Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation listed in Division 30, section 30-90 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997 (ITAA) which enables unconditional donations to be made to the North Sydney Bears.
All donations of $2 or more made to the North Sydney Bears via the Australian Sports Foundation are tax deductible.
Your contribution will allow us to: Maintain our TRADITION, THRIVE, and prosper with PRIDE.
To further discuss the North Sydney Bears Red & Black Foundation please contact Greg Florimo on email@example.com