About the project
The Southern Rugby Alliance (SRA) is a not-for-profit organisation that was established in 2020 to assist the development of grass roots rugby in the Southern Regions of Sydney (including the St George Area, Sutherland Shire, Illawarra, Campbelltown and Macarthur).
The main focuses of SRA are:
- Increased participation in junior rugby;
- Development of player pathways;
- Increased community involvement;
- Further development our wonderful women's rugby program;
- Assisting our wonderful local clubs and junior representative programs;
- Enhancing rugby facilities and equipment in the region; and
- Harnessing the rugby community for both increased business opportunities for the rugby family and greater social connection for mental health and well being.
With your donations, we intend to:
- Provide $35,000 to fund the Junior Elite Development (JEDS U16s), Rebels Elite Development (REDS U18s) and Girls Elite Development (GEDS U14s to U18) programs, including uniforms/kit, equipment, gold standard performance measures, professional coaching and more.
- Employ a Pathways Manager (Development Officer) for $90,000 (including car, travel & equipment) to facilitate competitions/programs in schools, increase participations in junior rugby, work directly with the Head of Rugby Todd Louden to develop pathways and professional programs, and more.
- Utilise $100,000 to enhance the facilities, equipment and uniform/kit for all clubs within the region.
- The remainder of funds will be used on ad-hoc basis in alignment with the main goals of the SRA and subject to application on needs basis from clubs within the region.
Please support this vital community project by making a tax deductible donation today!