About the project
The Southern Rugby Alliance (SRA) is a not-for-profit organisation that was established in 2020 to assist the development of grass roots rugby in the Southern Regions of Sydney (including the St George Area, Sutherland Shire, Illawarra, Campbelltown and Macarthur).
The main focuses of SRA are:
- Increased participation in junior rugby;
- Development of player pathways;
- Increased community involvement;
- Further development our wonderful women's rugby program;
- Assisting our wonderful local clubs and junior representative programs;
- Enhancing rugby facilities and equipment in the region; and
- Harnessing the rugby community for both increased business opportunities for the rugby family and greater social connection for mental health and well being.
What we have achieved so far:
- Provide $45,000 to fund the Junior Elite Development (JEDS U16s), Rebels Elite Development (REDS U18s) and Girls Elite Development (GEDS U14s to U18) programs, including uniforms/kit, a gym with equipment, gold standard performance measures, professional coaching and more.
Our next major goal:
- Fund the employment a Pathways Manager (Development Officer) for $70,000 (including car, travel & equipment) to facilitate competitions/programs in schools, increase participations in junior rugby, work directly with the Head of Rugby Todd Louden to develop pathways and professional programs, and more.
Please support this vital community project by making a tax deductible donation today! Contact us for more information by email firstname.lastname@example.org