About the project
Our participants range from novices to aspiring champions in a range of
orienteering disciplines and age classes. We aim for every orienteer to realise their full potential, regardless of their age and level.
Below are examples of groups and activities that our fundraising program supports:
• Blue Lightning (Development squad for junior orienteers in the ACT primarily 12 - 18 years old, secondary school)
• Map mates (Action packed adventure series for children aged 7 to 13, beginners with emphasis on fun and adventure while learning to orienteer. Aim is a good transition from school maps to bush maps.)
• SC-ORE (Team based orienteering challenge for Primary School aged children for relays at school grounds.)
• Focus on Girls (an after-school coaching group for girls aged 10 and above from beginner to more technical, to meet other girls interested in orienteering.)
• Permanent courses (we set up and maintain permanent courses in public areas for anyone to use)
• Keep up (with the Kids) - a coaching program for beginner adults, parents in particular, to learn orienteering so they can keep up with their kids!
By spending in these areas we are working towards our strategic goals:
Promote awareness and increase the visibility of orienteering
Educate, train and coach people in the sport of orienteering
Develop further interest in orienteering
Inspire and enable participants to develop and reach their full potential
Increase the number of participants
Please support Orienteering in the ACT by making a tax deductible donation today.