About the project
Our participants range from novices to aspiring champions in a range of
orienteering disciplines and age classes. We aim for every orienteer to realise their full potential, regardless of their age and level.
Below are examples of groups and activities that our fundraising program supports:
• Support for the OACT Team to attend the Australian Schools Orienteering Championship plus Blue Lightning (Development squad for junior orienteers in the ACT primarily 12 - 18 years old, secondary school).
• Map mates (Action packed adventure series for children aged 7 to 13, beginners with emphasis on fun and adventure while learning to orienteer. Aim is a good transition from school maps to bush maps.)
• SC-ORE (Team based orienteering challenge for Primary School aged children for relays at school grounds.)
• Focus on Girls (an after-school coaching group for girls aged 10 and above from beginner to more technical, to meet other girls interested in orienteering.)
• Keep up (with the Kids) - a coaching program for beginner adults, parents in particular, to learn orienteering so they can keep up with their kids!
Please support Orienteering in the ACT by making a tax deductible donation today.