Project Beijing & Beyond aims to assist targeted athletes likely to be selected for and compete at Olympic, Paralympic and Commonwealth Games.
With extra services and support, the preparation of athletes will be enhanced, enabling them to achieve success on the world stage.
Additional services and support will be provided in the areas of:
- sports science and sports medicine
- coaching support
- competition related travel
- physical preparation support
- provision of state of the art equipment, technology and training resources.
To provide these additional services, we require your help to fund the programs.
Outcomes of the Project
- maximise VIS athlete representation in Australian Olympic, Paralympic and Commonwealth Games teams.
- implement a comprehensive, integrated support program that enables our athletes to capitalise on their opportunities, helping them to win medals at Olympic, Paralympic, Commonwealth Games and World Championships.
Who will benefit from this project?
- The immediate beneficiaries will be VIS scholarship holders and emerging athletes who have been identified as those athletes heading for selection and competition at the Olympic, Paralympic and Commonwealth Games.
- The project will also benefit other athletes and programs/coaches within the VIS, as the legacy of enhanced equipment and services filters through the system.