Tell Us What Your Club Needs To Survive COVID-19
COVID-19 has closed most sports clubs in Australia. The financial impact to these clubs is devastating: memberships are down, sponsorships have stopped, and it’s going to be difficult to get these funding streams running again. The Australian Sports Foundation’s role is to raise money for sport, and we are launching a national campaign to help community clubs and organisations access funds to recover, but to do this we need your help.
We have compiled some key points and images that you can share across your email lists and social media pages to help get the word out so that sporting clubs and organisations can have their voice heard so that we can help.
Find Out More Here
Access the Survey Here
Entire communities are at risk.
- Sport is the lifeblood for many communities in Australia
- Sport provides physical activity, a sense of identity and social engagement, and enhances physical, mental, and emotional health.
- Helping sport survive and thrive means helping communities right across Australia.
Community sport is in crisis
- COVID-19 has closed most sports clubs in Australia.
- The financial impact to these clubs is devastating: memberships are down, sponsorships have stopped, and it’s going to be difficult to get these funding streams running again.
No one knows the full impact of COVID-19 on community sport
- It will be difficult for clubs to re-open.
- We don’t yet know how many clubs will be able to stay open with reduced funding and membership in the future.
The Australian Sports Foundation is running a survey to understand the full impact of COVID-19 on community, club, and grassroots sport.
- Their goal is to use this survey to generate support from philanthropic trusts, private and corporate donors and governments, and distribute cash to clubs in need.
You can download images to share on your socials here