About the project
Brisbane State High School has a proud history of more than 100 years of exceptional education, competing at an elite level across academic, sporting and cultural domains —all while receiving the lowest government funding per student of any public school nationally.
In 2023, the P&C Association has a budget of more than $300,000 of commitments to the school to cover the costs of:
- personal injury insurance for all students, providing financial coverage for students injured at school or representing the school in an official capacity – a support not covered by Education Queensland
- the Executive Principal discretionary fund, which assists families experiencing hardship to cover school costs
- total annual operating budget for the school library, which supports maintaining and expanding school library resources such as online journals and databases
- annual World Teachers Day celebrations, Staff Excellence Award, Student Award and School Dux gift
- contributing to the cost of the school mini-bus, school vehicle and transportation expenses for school excursions and sport commitments, keeping the cost of bus hire for excursions to a reasonable level for families
- maintenance of the school's Sporting Complex on Fursden Road, which is home to GPS and QGSSSA sporting matches and local community sports every week
- contribution to sports medicine
- coaches apparel and end-of-season gift for coaches
The P&C is aiming to raise 10% towards this total through donations to ASF.org.au.
Thank you for your generous donation and for supporting State High students! Go Blue-Red-Blue!