About the project
Rowing Australia is committed to:
1. Creating world-leading training environments to provide an edge over the competition
2. Developing excellence in the athlete to be the very best – on and off the water
3. Providing more international racing exposure for our developing and elite athletes
Although Australia has a rich rowing history, and once dominated, the world has now caught up.
We have fallen well below the leading rowing nations and this inspired us to make significant changes across our systems beginning with the lead up to the Rio Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Today’s leading nations have more resources and funding support available for their elite rowers. Now, we want to change the story; make history and go for Olympic and Paralympic Gold. Rowing Australia is giving its all to make this happen, but we need your help.
Rowing Australia needs your help to reach THREE KEY GOALS that will drive our nation towards victory.
Return Australia to a top three position on the Gold Medal tally in Tokyo 2020:
- Refurbish and upgrade the Men's National Training Centre
- Complete the hydrotherapy area and recovery space at the Women's National Training Centre.
- Enable our rowers to compete at international events.
Ensure a pipeline of talent for Paris 2024 and beyond:
- Provide National School Draft Camps
- Enable underage rowers to compete at international events
Deliver training environments that support the whole athlete to deliver excellence on and off the water:
- Appoint Wellbeing and Engagement Managers to drive our wellbeing and mentoring framework