About the project
The South West Sydney Academy of Sport as a not for profit community based organisation relies heavily on the support of our partners to ensure a legacy of success in identifying and developing our athletes and coaching support staff.
Each member of the Academy coaching, athlete and parent networks in return invests a large amount of their time back into their local sporting community, increasing the reach of our partners throughout the region.
Become a part of securing the culture of
Youth, Sport & Excellence within your Community today.
The Academy sporting programs provides approx. 200+ athletes with access to localised high level sports development.
SWSAS has been in operation since 1997, and in that time has helped to produce Olympians, Commonwealth Games athletes, Australian Representatives and State Representatives across a wide selection of sports.
SWSAS is one of the regions most valuable community assets and has made a significant difference to sport within the region.
Through SWSAS Cares, the Academy is focused on providing disadvantaged, Indigenous and/or Culturally diverse athletes within the South West Sydney region with the necessary environment and resources to achieve their sporting goals; by providing financial support to offset the participation costs within the Academy sport programs that include;
- access to high-quality coaching and high performance pathways,
- access to sports science, specialised equipment and resources,
- access to exercise and sports science,
- development competition opportunities,
- specialist education provision in areas such as; media training, performance planning (goal setting), strength and conditioning, social media training, nutrition and drug education
- access to mental health and wellbeing services
We need your help to raise funds to support the development athletes from the South West Sydney regions of Campbelltown, Camden, Liverpool and Wollondilly.
Through our fundraising partnership with the Sports Foundation, donations are tax deductible so please donate today!