About the project
Tennis SA is the governing body of Tennis in South Australia. Our central role is to showcase, promote, develop and manage the game of tennis in South Australia.
The Ken McGregor Fund was established by Tennis SA to assist our next generation of disabled and able bodied international tennis players. Ken was a legend of South Australian tennis and we are thrilled to recognise his contribution through the fund.
Since being established in 2010, the Ken McGregor Fund has provided 56 grants to 33 individuals totalling over $112,000 (as at April 2019). Players such as Thanasi Kokkinakis (Davis Cup player for Australia), Brad Mousley (Australian Open Junior Doubles winner), Henry DeCure (world top 50 wheelchair player), and Petra Hule (Australian National Junior Team member) have all benefited from support from the Ken McGregor Fund
In order to maintain our proud tennis history and continually develop Australia’s tennis superstars it is important that we provide our talented disabled and able bodied juniors with the necessary resources and the pathway that will ensure the greatest chance of success at the top level.
To distribute funds for junior and post junior players aspiring to an international standard and players with a disability.
Your donation will contribute to the future success of South Australian junior tennis players on the international stage.
- To oversee the funds that are secured in the Australian Sports Foundation and managed by Tennis SA
- To ensure funds raised are used solely to assist junior and post junior player development and players with a disability in South Australia
- To support the development of South Australia’s emerging young tennis players
- To provide the necessary resources and pathways to continue our proud tennis tradition
- To support and provide tennis opportunities for people with a disability
All it takes is $2,500 to help a young South Australian pursue their tennis dreams. Every dollar helps so please support The Ken McGregor Fund by making a tax deductible donation today!